January 21, 2010

Just the beginning

Despite what might be popular belief, my life here consists of more than safaris and harassing Jalyn (although I won't deny either). Under the alias of Chuck Norris, I worked on a small project team to develop a grant proposal to the Gates Foundation and Coca-Cola for $13M to develop the mango and passion fruit supply chains in Uganda and Kenya. This grant was recently approved and the program is now officially kicking-off.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/34950681

I was asked to return to Kenya to kick-off the project as a temporary project manager until a long-term (4 year) project manager can be hired. So we have. We're back, I'm slightly less hairy (its shifted up from my face to scalp - or some might call it a mane), and we're enjoying ourselves.

Jalyn's been in the slums today, visiting her "girls" and has been wearing a smile a lot recently. She seems to be enjoying herself, is also very busy, and has been recruited onto multiple teams here, the primary one I believe is M&E.

We are planning to ease back into the safari'ing way of life with Nairobi National Park this weekend. Looking forward to it!

-CN




































1 comment:

  1. I prefer the beard to the mane. Congrats Brian!!! You rock as Mobilization Manager :-)

    ReplyDelete