January 5, 2010

Welcome to Club 30

Yesterday (per India time) I turned the big 3-0 and so far so good. I have to say I wasn't really sweating it seeing how easily Brian transitioned into the new decade just a few months ago. (And people continue to refer to me as if I were still a college student - bonus!)

The day started off grand with a lovely breakfast in bed thanks to my wonderful hubby. Then I got a traditional Indian massage which soothed away any lurking wrinkles thinking they could swoop in and set up shop on my big day.

In the afternoon we hiked up to a monkey temple not far from our hotel in Shimla. The hike was strenuous but I overcame it in stride with only a few breaks that any 29 year old would have taken.

The lookout at the top was marvelous. We strolled past the temple and made our way to the perfect spot to take pictures of the breathtaking Himalayas - truly the best present I could have received for my 30th birthday.

What a wonderful birthday in India filled with hiking, the Himalayas, veggie samsosas, masala tea, a few new bangles and my lovely hubby :-)

I'm liking this 30 thing so far!















Bye Shimla.

No comments:

Post a Comment