May 17, 2010

The Great Delay.....

There has been much delay these days in keeping up with the blog, you may have noticed. Yes, I've been delinquent in my entries and the documenting of our lives and I'm just going to point out that - it's not my fault.

You see, we recently had to get a new external hard drive (the square little device where all of our pictures live). The one we brought from the US is almost at capacity and we also thought one day, 'what if this thing breaks or we end up losing it?'BAD. So we decided we should have a backup for the over 12,000 photos we've taken since we arrived in Africa (thank goodness for digital!)

The new, much more sleek and high powered hard drive has a much greater amount of space. It's classy and doesn't require an additional energy source like the old one. However, it is compatible with Brian's PC but he hasn't checked to see if it's friendly enough for my Mac, and believe me I'm not going to try it out all by myself - are you crazy! What if something happens to all those photos! I know, I know we have the backup but.....
(You see where this is not my fault) 

As a result, Brian has been managing the photos for several weeks now, the uploading of the photos to Lightroom, the deleting of the photos from the memory card, the uploading and so on and so on..... But at no time do the photos go public - I mean come on man! Chuck, I know you are a busy guy but we have to keep our friends and family up to date as well as log all of the wonderful experiences in Africa that we don't ever want to forget!!! Ok, I may be a bit manic about all of this but really! 

So the backlog stands as follows:
1) Feth parents trip - lots of photos here people! Lots to share...
2) Visit to Pauline's (my program manager) village to meet her parents
3) 10k walk for charity - it was quite the experience let me tell you 

So how will this delay finally come to an end!? How can I have regular access to the precious external hard drive I so crave and miss? Access to the photos that drive Team Feth's every blog entry?

Well I have a few ideas: 
-Hijack Brian's computer in the evenings. This however, may prove difficult given he likes to look for music and movies to hoard on the internet
-Ask him to use my computer. Again may prove to be a challenge given his ultimate preference for his PC
- Refuse to cook him meat for a whole week until I am fully caught up on the blog! 
Yes, there we go....


Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment