March 19, 2011

Look What the Rain Brought In

It's been a rainy one here in Northern California lately and with the rain comes all sorts of creepy crawly slimy little creatures from who knows where. 

I prefer to leave such beasties outside in their natural habitat but Brian usually has other things in mind. 

Hence, the following. 

Brian calls to me after returning from taking out our recyclables, 
"Jalyn come here, hold out your hand and close your eyes." 

I figured there would be no harm in this effort given Brian can be quite the romantic at times, so I decided to follow along. 

With hands open and cupped ready to receive some fun little gem of thoughtfulness, I instead receive these guys:

Yes, snails!

So I didn't freak out or anything but instead took them to a better lit area for further viewing

Brian got in on the action as well

You can see the fascination in his eyes

Pretty much for a half hour straight our kindergarten brains allowed us to ooh and ahhh over these slimy shelled mollusks. I have to admit, it was fun.

Note: one must wash very thoroughly to remove all snail slime from hands!

Nature is soo cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment