March 7, 2011

A Snuggly Scarf

It seems only a handful of selected outfits have been making it 
out of our closet and onto my body these days. 

I didn't really notice that I had reduced my wardrobe to an elite class of snuggly scarves, cardigan, jeggings and boots until the husbster commented on my pants this morning on the way into the city. 

B-hub: 'You're wearing those pants again! Haven't you been wearing those for the past 3 days now?' 

Me (in my defense): 'No I have not been wearing them for the past 3 days now, just on Saturday and now it's Monday, I gave them a break yesterday....'

What's the BIG Deal anyway?

If you recall, when we lived in Africa I was confined to a portable wardrobe a la suitcase. I had only packed so many clothes, leaving necessary space for souvenirs and knowing we would only be away for 6 months - which later turned into a full year abroad. 

After a while, I maxed out all possible combinations for said articles of clothing and ultimately created my own line of Jalyn uniforms!

It appears that despite having access to an entire closet full of cotton, polyester, lycra and rayon, I have unknowingly moved in this same direction. 

Hmmm....

I'm going to chalk it up to strategy. Yes, strategy. 
You see, I know what I like and what looks good on me so I have subconsciously-strategically-vetted my clothes cupboard into the most efficient outfits available in line with the times. 

There. That's it. 

OR 

- I guess life's just a little simpler with some clothing consistency -

Hey I didn't say anything about lacking cuteness!

What's your self-imposed uniform?


By the way, The Husband's been sportin' the same messenger 
hat for ages now - and it's supercute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment