April 21, 2010

Oh, Hello!

Oh me oh my! Where has the time gone? It's been ages since we chatted and caught up on all things Team Feth. 

Well where to begin....hmmm... it seems that this month of April is really flying by. Let's see, the last time we talked we discussed our wonderful beach excursion to the coast. Oh yes, that was nice but oh, I remember now, there was that awful skin rash I had all over my body when we returned. 

It seems that I am allergic to the Target off-brand sunblock we decided to purchase to save a few bucks way back when *grrrrrr*  I only recently discovered this new allergy to add to my repertoire because I just used up all of my 70 SPF sunblock (yes it goes that high). So, I had to use Brian's, which he apparently is NOT allergic to. 

After all that itching subsided, we had a busy yet normal week of work. Brian's been a Mobilization Manager maniac guru of sorts, balancing out Coke on one hand and Gates on the other. My program has eased into its' next phase and things have calmed down from all of the recent award ceremony activities. 

The weekend before last brought very little excitement so that was that. But this past weekend was fun and eventful with a visit from one of our Ghanian friends, that led to a trip to the Nairobi National Park, a viewing of playful orphaned elephants and several handfuls of tasty veggie pellets fed to our long-necked friends the giraffes. I was able to slip away for a wedding ceremony for one of my colleagues during these activities. It was my first Kenyan wedding and it was so beautiful full of lovely songs and a happy couple. 

Now that leads us to that crazy spewing ash volcano, I'm sure you've heard of that intrusive Icelandic event, and to Ohio Team Feth scheduled to arrive in Kenya this Friday. The Feth parents are coming to visit their son Chuck Norris and the Mrs. for just over a week. We're planning to introduce them to all of the wonderful animals that we've grown so fond of over the past year (and crossing our fingers in hopes that we can convince them to adopt an elephant - shhhh, we haven't told them yet!) and of course show them around our home away from home.  

I'm sure we'll have plenty of pictures and stories to share and wish everyone could come and join us in the fun! 

In the meanwhile let me introduce you to my new friend :)


1 comment:

  1. Hello Jalyn Feth,

    My name is Chris and I'm an old buddy of your husband back in his Revere High School days (Vietnam). I was board the other day so I decided to Google him...Any who, please have "Fetdog" send me an email, I'd like to catch up with him....thank you.....I can't believe he didn't invite me to the wedding, lol just kidding..
    Christophermarc2804@Gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete